Di bawah adalah 2 kenyataan yang berlainan.
Pertama, kenyataan Ng Wei Aik DAP, sekretari politik Lim Guan Eng DAP yang mendakwa bahawa 'tidak ada klaus yang mengatakan bahawa pemaju sPICE diberi hak untuk membina 1,500 unit rumah' oleh kerajaan DAP Pulau Pinang.Baca di bawah :-
THE state government has rubbished claims by Penang Gerakan that the developer of the proposed RM300mil subterranean Penang International Convention and Exhibition (sPICE) Centre would be allowed to build an additional 1,500 houses in various projects that it undertakes in Penang.Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng’s political secretary, Ng Wei Aik, said there was no such clause included by Eco Meridian Sdn Bhd in its proposal to undertake the project.
Kedua, kenyataan pemimpin DAP itu ternyata berbeza dengan kenyataan akhbar di bawah yang mengatakan bahawa dialog tentang projek tersebut dan isu 1,500 unit rumah!
1. Apakah pemimpin DAP itu telah menipu rakyat?
2. Kenapa terdapat perbezaan kenyataan seperti yang dikatakan oleh Ng Wei Aik?
3. Apakah kerajaan DAP Pulau Pinang cuba menyembunyikan sesuatu daripada rakyat Pulau Pinang?4. Bukankah Lim Guan Eng mengatakan bahawa kerajaan beliau telus dan transparens tetapi kenapa isu ini tidak?
5. Kenapakah Lim Guan Eng DAP tidak membenarkan wartawan untuk turut serta di dalam dialog tersebut jika beliau benar-benar telus dan transparens? Kenapa?
6. Dan jika tidak ada klaus, apakah ada perjanjian lain tentang 1,500 unit rumah tersebut?
7. Dan difahamkan bahawa MPPP telah kerugian sebanyak RM1 juta di dalam penjagaan dan operasi PISA. Kenapa?
Lim Guan Eng DAP mesti menjawab isu ini dengan segera dan jika beliau gagal, ianya menunjukkan bahawa kerajaan DAP telah melakukan satu kesalahan dan rakyat Pulau Pinang tentu tidak akan memaafkan penyelewengan tersebut!
Rujuk kenyataan akhbar di bawah :-
GEORGE TOWN: The DAP-led state government's controversial plan to push for the construction of the RM300 million subterranean Penang International Convention and Exhibition (sPICE) Centre is set to draw further debate.This follows revelations at a recent dialogue on the project that SP Setia Bhd, which is financing the bulk of the construction cost, will be allowed to build an extra 1,500 houses in the various projects it is undertaking in Penang.
The state government's decision to give such a major concession to the developer has set alarm bells ringing with questions raised if the move will set a dangerous precedent which may come back and haunt Penangites later.Engineer Tan Seng Hai, who initiated an online petition against the project right from the time it was known as the Penang International Convention Centre, said the move would open the floodgates for developers to negotiate to increase their plot density in the future."This will be detrimental to the already congested living conditions in most of the high-rise development projects in Penang.
"The Local Plan, which will be opened for public review soon, should be carefully scrutinised by the people to prevent this from happening."Tan was one of eight people who attended the closed-door session chaired by Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and Penang Island Municipal Council (MPPP) president Patahiyah Ismail.Members of the press were not allowed to cover the meeting.
The dialogue was held at the Town Hall building at the Esplanade on Tuesday.
The eight present were part of 18 people who submitted queries on the project when its plan was on public display last month.
At the meeting, an SP Setia representative also presented some details of the project, showing more section views and locations of the site.
Tan said those present were informed that work on the project was set to begin by June and would take about three years to complete.
"We were told by the chief minister that sPICE is an MPPP project, but it still needs the state executive councillors' approval since it involves MPPP land.
"It gives me the impression that ultimately, it is the state which has the final approval since it involves land."
Tan said he also raised his concerns with Lim that the meeting should have been open to the public, including the media, to allow greater participation.
He said they were also informed that to date, MPPP had incurred more than RM1 million losses from the Penang International Sports Arena (PISA), its aquatic operations and maintenance.
Lim had announced recently that Eco Meridean Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of SP Setia, had bagged the contract to construct sPICE -- the first subterranean convention centre in the country.
The project includes upgrading PISA and its aquatic centre, which will be renamed Penang People's Park- NST